Thursday, May 12, 2016

Apartment Tour: Bedroom Edition


Racy post title, eh :) oh, common... 

Having two bedrooms was a must for us (me) when we were on our apartment hunt. Given the fact that we moved further away from my family, I wanted to be sure that they had a place to stay when they came to visit. No hotel for them, family time...the whole time (we are sickeningly close).

Our apartment is two levels, with a bedroom on each floor. We opted to make the room on the main floor our master. While I love the room (bright light, high ceilings, plenty of room) I feel like it is missing something decor wise. I am on a mission to "jazz it up"... just not sure how yet.


Despite the room needing a bit more oomph. our bedroom is home to the light blue dresser you'll find below....one of my favorite DIY projects of all time.

This thing was REALLY ugly pre-painting (I am kicking myself for not taking a before photo)...super light wood, pastel flowers stenciled across the drawers, and cob-webs throughout...BUT it was free... zero dollars.

It took me 2 days and $10 to transform this piece from "drab to fab". A fabulous Oops paint find in the perfect color ($2.99) + Anthropologie inspired knobs from Marshalls ($7.99)= voila!


Take a look here for a step by step guide on how to refinish a dresser... it really is quite simple (and cheap)!

Next up on the apartment tour... Bedroom #2...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment