Monday, June 17, 2013

boy oh boy! Baby Shower Part 1

It’s a boy!

This weekend my mom and I threw my sister’s baby shower- Watching her open bibs and onesies made  things much more “real” …I  am going to be an aunt in 6 weeks!
It was such a fun afternoon (that turned into an evening for those of us who were drinking the “non-prego” punch).

Compared to her wedding shower, her baby shower was a lot lighter on the DIY side. I know I am singing the same tune over and over, but this new job has taken a serious toll on my blogging time.

I did, however, manage to pull a few things out of my DIY sleeve to blog about- the first being this “it’s a boy” sign. It took me less than an hour to make, cost me nothing- yep $0- and added just enough baby shower flare to my mom’s kitchen.

To make it, I simply used left over card stock, the same punch that I used for here wedding shower invites, string, and my bubble letter skills. If your BL skills are lacking, go ahead and use a stencil (like I did here). 






The sign went in her kitchen window above the sink, but the lighting made it tough to get a good picture. So, here it is post shower…you get the idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment