Thursday, September 13, 2012

business in the front, party in the back

I was SO excited when my sister got engaged....I knew that her wedding would be the perfect opportunity for me to put my DIY skills to good use!
Oh, and I was super happy for her and my (now) brother-in-law :)

First project- the bridal shower invitations...

I wanted to stick with her wedding colors, but didn't want the invites to look too summery since the shower was the weekend of Thanksgiving. I bought the card stock from Michael's craft store, used a paper cutter from work and used a glue runner to attach all of the pieces together. I came up with a few different designs, and in the end couldn't decide which one I liked best- So, I made them all.





I had extra water bottle labels lying around my apartment, so I used them to make the address labels for the invites.

Fun Fact: Did you know that you should treat a return address like a mullet? If you are sending a business letter or invitation, your return address should go on the front of an envelope. If you are sending a personal letter or party invite, your return address should go on the back of the envelope...

Business in the front, party in the back




Here are a few more photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment