Friday, September 28, 2012

Hanging Curtain Rods 101

Hanging curtain rods at the same height and same distance from a window can drive a person batty… especially if they don’t read this little ol’ blog of mine…

I came up with this “method” of hanging curtain rods a few months ago…I had one of those “duh!” moments and immediately kicked myself for not thinking of it sooner.

So, without further ado, the easiest & fastest way to hang curtain rods:

1) Draw a right angle on a piece of cardstock (I didn't have a piece of cardstock handy, so I used a folder).

 2) cut along the lines you just drew and Voila! you have a template.

3) Line up the corner of the window frame with the corner of the right angle on your template. Mark your wall at the top corner of the folder.


4) That pencil mark you just made is where you will drill in the screw that will hold your brackets in place


5) Repeat on the other side of the window.


It really is fool-proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment