Wednesday, September 19, 2012

As-Is & Attitude

I would be remiss if I didn't bring it back to the As-Is section every so often.

See the arrow in the photo below...
In the As-Is world, that little green mark means $0.50...yep, that's right. The sign above my couch cost me $1.50 (insert fist pump here).


I had a big wall to fill, and no idea what to fill it with until I came across this card that my sister sent me right as I was starting my job in Charlotte...

I first thought that I would paint the saying on a huge piece of wood. But sometimes you have to work with what the As-Is section has to offer...in this case, I think I made out like a bandit.

The yellow, which matches my curtains, was already painted onto the pieces, so all I had to do was paint the words onto each board (freehand with pencil and then fill in with black paint). 


Hanging the 3 boards so that they were spaced evenly was a lot easier than you may imagine.
I started with the bottom board (the"can't do" one)
I simply nailed it to the wall (through each corner) after making sure it was perfectly level. Next, I placed a yard stick on the top of the board I just put up, rested the second board ("attitude and a good pair of boots") on the top of the yard stick and secured it in place the same way I did the first, I repeated this step to hang the top board.

And there you have it- $1.50 for a piece of wall art.

No comments:

Post a Comment