Saturday, November 17, 2012

wedding obsessed

I have a bit of an obsession with weddings....

All girls do, right?  (please note that this post has a footnote)

The thing is that my obsession is a bit different. 
Sure, I daydream about what my big day will be like, and that day will come with due time, but I am also obsessed with weddings that aren't my own.

I am obsessed with the idea of crafting an event that is practical but pretty. thrifty yet undecidedly elegant. Dinner parties are fun to throw, and with a few creative touches can be quite special, but a wedding has the potential to be a completely unique event...one that tells the story of a couple and their personalities...the fun of planning a wedding is that the possibilities are endless. 

I got my first (and admittedly only) taste of planning a wedding this past year. I was my sister and new brother in-law's unofficial wedding planner, and loved every second of it. I wanted to post about the DIY projects that I finished for them as soon as I launched this blog, but thought it would be better to wait for their pictures to arrive.

You all know I love my mood boards, so that is where I started. My sister wanted the day to feel summery, rustic, and casual. 
Lys and Dave had the amazing photographers Heather Colt and Krista Howard from Powerstation events capture their day. Here are some of the photos they took of the DIY decor I created for their ceremony and reception...

The Candy Table



Seating Chart

Signs




Center Pieces



Here comes the Bride!



 Water Bottle Labels

And for good measure...the fam


** this post is not intended to scare off any single, straight men who happen to read this blog ( I know that there are a few of you out there!) ...I am not that girl that talks about our wedding and white picket fences on the second date...I swear! **

No comments:

Post a Comment