Tuesday, November 27, 2012

another $1.99 find

If you have read even half of one post on this blog, you are very well aware that I love 2 retail stores more than the normal person...The Goodwill Store & Home Depot. Shocking...right?
I think that one of the reasons I love these two is because, more times than not, they go hand in hand. I find a beat up dresser or a table that needs a little TLC at Goodwill and then head straight on over to the Depot to pick up any materials I may need to fix 'em up. 

Well this time around- Goodwill stood alone. For $1.99, I picked up this cute little thing...and all I had to do to "fix it" was wipe it down with a damp cloth to remove the dust.
Two things I want to say about this photo...1) stop making fun of my hair it was early in the morning , give me a break will ya 2) please notice how crooked my camera is...this is why you have to tilt your head to make all of the photos on this blog look straight- photography isn't exactly a strength of mine.

 Even though I already posted it, I figured that it wouldn't be a bad idea to blog about my trick on how to hang things straight the first time around ...I use this method all the time and it has never failed me.

1) use a piece of painters tape to mark the distance between the screw holes on whatever you are hanging
Each of the small stickers above say $1.99...I think the person who tagged this thing was making fun of my internal dialogue ("$1.99?!?! Woo Hoo!, seriously? how could this be $1.99?!?!? Woo Hoo! For $1.99, I'll take it! Woo Hoo!!") 

2) Remove the tape and place it on your wall at the height you want to hang whatever it is you are hanging. Use your level to make sure it is...yep, you guessed it...level.

This piece of tape really is straight...I just struggle with making the camera straight.

3) Drill your screws into the wall at the very top or very bottom corners of the tape

4) Remove the tape and hang whatever it is you are hanging.



1 comment: