Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"Wherever you are, be all there" -Jim Elliot

Last week I posted  about a trip I took to the Goodwill Store. I mentioned buying 3 pieces of furniture for $1.99 each... but then only wrote about one...what a nerve!

Well, here is number two...plus a little extra.

I found this little shelf in the back of the store. It's a beauty, don't ya think?


No?

Nah, I didn't either. What I did think is that with a little primer and paint this thing could be quite cute.

I debated on color and use for a bit. At first I wanted it to be painted grey and used as a perfume/jewelry holder in my bedroom. I realized though that the wall it would have to go on is way too big for this tiny shelf.

So, I moved on to Plan B: paint it and figure out where it will go later.

Here is the end result of Plan B:


As soon as I drilled this guy into the wall- I knew that I wanted to upgrade this wall even further. I love my new (old) tea station, but the wall needed a little more pizzazz. So, I went crazy...


This is now my favorite wall in my apartment. I re-used all of the frames except for the 3 teal ones, so it only cost me around $20 bucks (and a whole lot of measuring) to complete the entire thing.

I started by laying out the pattern of frames on my kitchen table (even though I didn't follow this pattern exactly, it gave me a good idea of what I was working with)


Everything on this wall says something about me... My family & friends, the beach, UConn, and my new favorite quote "wherever you are, be all there"- Jim Elliot

....I smile when I walk into my kitchen and see photos of everything/everyone I love all in one spot.





No comments:

Post a Comment