Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Corks

It is unseasonably warm here in Charlotte. Wearing short sleeve shirts sans jackets kind of unseasonable.

Trust me, I am not complaining about springtime weather in mid-December, but it is kind of tough to get into the Christmas spirit when it is 65 degrees outside (even though I decked my halls...or porch).

So, to add a little holiday pep to my step, I headed to the store that cures all ....Home Depot.

This project technically took me years to complete, but it only cost me $0.68. I know, I'm annoying :)

If you know me at all, you know I love a good glass of wine (or 2). This evidenced by my lovely wine cork collection.



 *** this collection is the result of many years of hard work, a 6 week trip to Italy, and contributions from my friends and family :) ***

Anyway, when you love wine like I do, and you decide to collect corks, you end up with a plethora of corks and really nothing to do with them, so you come up with random ideas like this one.


All you need to make this cute little vertical card holder is a yard stick from Home Depot (really you could get one from anywhere, but why would you deviate from the best) , a hot glue gun, a picture hook, a screw, and of course wine corks.

 I bet you can figure this one out without a step by step tutorial. Enjoy!
$0.68





And for good measure...



No comments:

Post a Comment