Thursday, December 27, 2012

Taking on a Bachelor Pad

My friend Eric just built a house... a big, beautiful house with 4 bedrooms, a chef's kitchen, hardwood floors, crown molding...you name it, this house has got it....and, he moves in today!

Eric, this post is dedicated to you! Congrats!!

Eric's house is my first big decorating project. I am so happy he has put his faith in me and is letting me run with my different ideas on how to outfit his new bachelor pad.

Mood boards will be the tie that binds us over the next few months...I will create them, Eric will critique them, and when he is happy with the way the room looks on a piece of paper, we will make it a reality.

The kitchen and living room flow really nicely together, so I want to make the two rooms "mesh" well. The back splash in the kitchen has hints of turquoise, so I used this pallet from design-seeds.com to design the living room.
http://design-seeds.com/index.php/home/entry/crescent-color


I am certain the final living room will look nothing like this mood board, but as we work together they will help me figure out what kind of things Eric loves and what he could do without.

Stay tuned- it is a big house with lots of decorating to be done!!


No comments:

Post a Comment