Monday, December 31, 2012

Make a wish

So, I had a random piece of plywood lying around.

 Bizarre, right? Ya, I know. Extra bizzare because this is not the first time I have started a post writing about a random piece of wood hanging around my apartment.

Anyway, when I had the wood cut to make my second DIY headboard, I naturally kept the scrap piece (a very large scrap). Unsure of what I was going to use it for, I kept it in the trunk of my car for a full two weeks. When I finally got the motivation to carry it up three flights of stairs, I did just that...and then leaned it up against a wall in my living room...until today. 

I woke up with a bee in my bonnet, and if you know me at all you know that when there is a bee in this girl's bonnet, she buzzes around like a mad woman. 

To set the stage, It is 7am (on a Sunday morning mind you) and there I am staining said piece of scrap wood in my PJs, eyes half open, and a cup of coffee in hand.


Once the wood was stained, I was really unsure of where I was going to go from there. So, I walked away from it and cleaned my closet.

Closet Before-EEK!


Closet After-Ahhh



Check out all of the clothes I donated to Good Will....Who knew I was a closet hoarder (pun intended)...

Anyway, back to my newly stained piece of wood. 

I decided that whatever the final product was, it was going to go above the longer/shorter dresser in my bedroom. I have wanted something to fill that space since I moved in last February, so it is obvious that I haven't come across anything that I think is bedroom wall worthy.

My ideas about what to paint on this wood were pretty scarce...I was thinking about painting a favorite quote, but that would be too similar to my DIY wood piece above my couch. I knew I didn't want anything too cutesy, and I was pretty set on not painting anything abstract. It wasn't until last night when I heard someone on TV say the word "wish" that I came up with the idea of painting (drawing) this...


I definitely want to add some color to my dresser...I am thinking about buying a big fun lamp with a colorful base, maybe a pretty tray for my perfume, and who knows what else...I will keep you posted!

Happy New Year everyone!! Wishing you a healthy, happy 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment