Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Hooch

I have been a bad blogger lately. I am really sorry about this, but I must be honest...
with all of the holiday parties, travel, and shopping- DIY projects aren't exactly at the forefront of my mind... so, I really don't have much to post about.

The purpose of this post is more to let you know that I am still around and that I haven't forgot about you than it is a "How-To" or "1-day project" post...I am asking for your forgiveness on this one in advance :)

Anyway, in the midst of the traveling, shopping and partying, I did make time to blend up some homemade Bailey's for my friends and co-workers.


I have more Bailey's to make, but I ran out of Whisky before heading home for Christmas. So, if you are reading this and wondering why I didn't make some for you, I promise there is some coming your way!!

The labels are from onlinelabels.com. I used the Weatherproof Polyester Laser labels (Product: OL6200LP).

I simply downloaded the blank template from the onlinelabels.com website and played around with colors/design until I came up with 4 labels that I was happy with.

I bought the jars at WalMart. They are the generic brand canning jars. 12 jars, lids, and bands cost me $7.99. I would have preferred to use Ball Jars, but the WalMart brand jars have a smooth surface which makes applying a label much easier.

To make up for my bad blogger behavior, I thought I would share a bailey's recipe with you all...

Homemade Baileys:

  • 1 cup half and half (go for full fat half &half...this is not time skimp on flavor!)
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (I prefer Eagle brand)
  • 1-2/3 cup whiskey (I use Jameson)
  • 1 teaspoon instant coffee
  • 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (Hershey's of course!)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract

  • Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at the highest speed for 30 seconds. Store in a tightly sealed container (canning jars or old liquor bottles work great). Serve with coffee, hot chocolate, or straight up!

    Note: This is not the recipe for Fahey's Baileys...that is top secret!

    Merry Christmas Eve!!!

    xoxo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment