Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Apartment #2- Uptown Charlotte Loft

When I moved from Boston to North Carolina, I moved out of my studio that was the size of a postage stamp (below) to a massive 2 bedroom apartment…and the 2 bedroom cost less!! The cost of living really is that much different.

I was living with my boyfriend at the time, so was excited to make the apartment “ours”…nothing too girly- just cozy and homey. In all candor,  it’s not tough to make something feel cozy when  you are working with a massive brick wall, floor to ceiling windows, and exposed posts/beams…it was a pretty neat space.
I did learn however, that I am not a fan of lofts- it seemed like a bonus when I first looked at the place, but I quickly noticed how much of a privacy/noise issue it caused when guests were in town or one of us wanted to sleep in in the morning. The loft aside, I loved the overall feel of the apartment. It was a part of a renovated gin mill, so had tons of character. When decorating the place, I wanted work with the old feel, rather than force a modern look into the space….how do you think I did?



No comments:

Post a Comment