Sunday, August 26, 2012

Beachy Feel

I am not a huge fan of ikea furniture... I am a huge fan of ikea prices.

A couple of months ago, I was on the hunt for a desk for my living room- I wanted something that didn't scream office, had a beachy feel, and was about 3' x 2'.

My first stop is always Goowill when I am on the hunt for any piece of furniture, but after several unsuccessful trips, I decided to give up and head to Ikea.

I walked by the Vika Glasholm and said to myself- "my goodness, that thing is ugly"...and then, I bought it.

Yes, I bought this thing...for $40.
It is tough to tell in the photo, but the glass is kind of looks like a huge piece of sea glass...it is what sold me. The legs on the other hand are horrible. Cheap, boring spindles.

So lets go back to my list-

3'x2'- check
not too "officey"-check
beachy feel- kinda check

Few things say beach like sisal rope, so I used it to wrap around the legs of the desk and give it the look I was after.

Let's try again...

beachy feel?- check.







No comments:

Post a Comment