Friday, August 17, 2012

I'm a Nutmeger, Jersey Girl, Bostonian & Southern Belle wrapped up into one

I don’t really have an interest in art- which may sound strange to you. Don’t get me wrong, Monet and Van Gogh are some talented dudes, but I’d much rather have something personal to me and my life hanging on my wall than “Starry Night”.
When I say "personal to me", I don’t mean having my initials painted on the wall or self-portraits on my shelves, I mean something that, when I look at it, makes me smile or makes me remember a time in my life...it’s usually something that no one but me would want in their home.

The hallway wall between my living room and kitchen was bare up until a month ago, and while it drove me crazy (I tend to decorating a new place before boxes are unpacked), I really wanted to fill it with something that was special to me.

After 6 long months, I came up with this little series of photos…




It may be tough to tell, but at the top of each photo, I printed the coordinates of where I lived in that state (blurred out for obvious reasons).

As you can probably tell from these photos, I am a Nutmeger, Jersey Girl, Bostonian, and Southern Belle wrapped into one…a combo that is unique to me. I am pretty certain that no one else would want photos of CT, NJ, MA, and NC hanging on their wall J

I didn’t use a template, just played around in Microsoft Word until they looked the way I wanted them to. They are printed on plain 8x10 computer paper and framed in dark wood frames that I bought from Home Goods for $8 each. Total cost of the project $32 whopping dollars!

Want one (or some) customized for you? Shoot me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment